Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wow.. it's been a long time

It's been such a LONG LONG time since I have blogged. I feel a little lost but guess I will recap...:)

We just celebrated Carter's 1st Birthday in January! I truly cannot believe how much time flies. My sweet little "baby" is turning into such a big boy. We had lots of friends and family to celebrate. I need to post the pictures I took from his party but I just cannot find the time. I take that statement back.. I just don't make time like I have not been making time to blog.

Carter started walking the week of his first birthday. It is so cute to see a little baby walking and trying to run. His favorite thing is to push his bean bag over to the ottoman and climb up so he can get on top. Sometime he is too smart for both Corey and I. After receiving many "Yo Gabba Gabba" DVD's for his birthday, I decided we should take on a new show. We started watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. At the end of every episode they sing this song "Hot Diggity Dog". Our new favorite thing to do is dance to it and sing. Carter loves it and just bounces and sings. I Love it.

After turning 1 we did several other things. We no longer take a bottle, no more formula, and no milk before bedtime. That's alot of stuff. He adjusted more easily that I thought and now before bed we read books. Tonight he brought the Veggie Tales "God Made Me Special". I think he only brought it because it has a button that plays music of course! I love our books at night time and nap time.

On a professional note.. My Clinique Counters make me so proud to work with such amazing and talented people. I mean that. They are the reason we are the #1 brand in North America both Prestige and Mass. Many times I am overwhelmed with the whole work-family balance. I have learned that I was a work-a-holic before Carter and now my priorities are different and I cannot be a work-a-holic anymore. It's hard at times but I have learned to shut the email down at a much earlier time but am still able to give my teams what they need. PROUD PROUD of myself. I really felt guilty for awhile.

I am looking forward to a little family getaway, just the 3 of us to Greenville, SC this week. We are going to visit the bestie April and her hubby Jacob. We plan on baby shopping, helping pick a paint color, and checking out the new renovation on the house. Corey, Carter and I should have a blast for a few days away.

The best part (not for me, but for Corey) of this past week before I shut down the blog.. Corey has watched WrestleMania since he was young. He still records it and occasionally watches it. I have NEVER liked it and it does not interest me whatsoever. I do not know anyone on that show! Some friends asked us to go to Atlanta in April because WrestleMania was going to be there. I decided that since Corey suffers through the beach at least twice a year for me, I could go to WrestleMania for him. For those of you who know me well, this is a HUGE sacrifice for me. I will survive. Why not spend my 5 year anniversary at WRESTLEMANIA right??????????????? Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment