Sunday, July 18, 2010

The journey to Carter


Since Carter is almost 6 months and I am new to blogging I guess I will go back and write about "before" Carter.

It wasn't that I didn't want children but I always knew that I could be happy without them. We could always pick up and go on a weekend trip, come home late, just do whatever we pleased. Corey wanted a baby from DAY 1, so I knew I was not going to get out of this very easy:) After being married about 2 1/2 years we decided it was probably the time to start a family. I knew I was going to have a hard time getting pregnant anyway and really thought I might never be able to.

My doctor started my fertility treatment in July 2008. After 4 months of clomid, 2 months of clomid w/Menopur injections, 3 months Menopur injections alone, and 1 month of Femara w/Menopur inejctions WE WERE PREGNANT!!! Thanks to a fantastic OBGYN and Huntsville Reproductive Medicine!! It was a long journey but I think Corey and I appreciate doctors and their expertise more everyday because of it.

I remember the day we found out we were pregnant. It was a Sunday afternoon the first weekend in May (I think). We had been watching the Duggar family (which Corey despises) and had watched their oldest son and his wife talk about how they found out they were pregnant. Well we needed to go to Sams for paper towels and for anyone that knows me I hate to be out of PAPER TOWELS!! Corey jumped in the shower and I just decided it would be funny to take a preg test and set it on the sink (like the Duggars) . I told Corey to just tell me what it said. About 10 minutes later he came into the living room and said "I think you need to take another one" I kept asking why and he just said come look. The funniest part is he didn't have his contacts in and said he had to look at the stick like 5 times to make sure he was reading it right!! haha We were pregnant. WOW!

So we didn't want to tell our families just yet. But I was DYING to tell somebody. I decided to tell my friend Brandi (since she gave me those Menopur injections EVERY night and Kaylee and Laynee begged her to let them give them to me. NO THANK YOU girls! ) and made Corey tell her husband Jeremy. The rule was we were only allowed to tell 1 person each. Well the next weekend we were out of town for my friend Amybeth's birthday in Nashville. Gabe, AmyB, Corey and I had dinner and we gave Amybeth a card and told her she was going to be an AUNT!! She cried and we had a great weekend. Remember-families still don't know yet!

One more week and we told our parents and grandparents with receiving blankets that were embroidered with "Grandbaby Richardson and Great-Grandbaby Richardson". Carter sleeps with one every night.

The secret was out finally, everybody was ecstatic, and I just knew it was a GIRL.. TO BE CONTINUED

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, I hate to tell you, but I DON'T like TO BE CONTINUED!!!! Don't be doing it again please, THANKS... hehe... JK....Love from the Wilson fam!

    ReplyDelete